Creative Arts Group 2016 Annual Art Festival
Festival Dates and Times: Friday, November 4th, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm (Opening Reception), Saturday, November 5th, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, Sunday, November 6th, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Creative Arts Group, 108 N. Baldwin Avenue, Sierra Madre, CA 91024
About the Art Center:
Creative Arts Group is a vital, energetic, nonprofit art center and gallery attracting more than 2000 students annually who both shop and take classes. Established in 1960 the organization aims to enrich the lives of individuals through the arts – a place where children and adults come to experience the joy of creative self-expression and the artistic talents of others. Program funds are raised in a variety of ways to fulfill our mission, and the commission on artist sales helps to further our youth and adult art programs. We thank you for partnering with us to positively impact the lives of many.
About the Application Process:
Complete applications are due by July 31st, 2016. Your application is considered complete after you:
- Submit 2016 Art Festival Application form below (scroll down if you do not see the form)
- Email three (3) photos* of your work in JPEG format, 1MB, to email@example.com
- Artwork will be juried by committee and applicants will receive a response from CAG on August 15, 2016.
*Photos and application are required from every applicant because the jurying committee changes each year and may not be familiar with your work. Photos will be used for jurying and promotional uses, and must be representative of the work you will be selling at the Art Festival.
If you are accepted in the Festival:
There are two ways to participate in the Festival. If you are accepted in the Festival, a form will be sent asking your participation preference. These are the options:
- Stay with Work Artists (SWW): As the title indicates, these artists will stay with their work during the Festival. A $50.00 fee is charged for the Festival and includes having your work in the Gallery throughout the Holiday Season. A 25% commission is charged for sales made during the Festival and a 30% commission for work sold in the Gallery.
- Drop and Run Artists (DAR): Drop and Run Artists will be assigned a time to bring their work to the Gallery which will be early in the week of the Festival. CAG members will display and sell the work. A $50.00 fee is charged for the Festival and includes having your work in the Gallery throughout the Holiday Season. A 30% commission is charged for sales made during and after the Festival.
We are in the happy position of having many wonderful artists in our Gallery and a great number of new people applying for Art Festival consideration. With limited space and more individuals applying, many different criteria will be considered when choosing artists for the Festival. Not everyone will automatically be accepted even if they are presently in the Gallery – we strive to have a well-balanced show with a variety of art including jewelry, fiber, ceramics, glass, and paintings, etc.
Returning Artists – We are looking at:
- Past sales
- New work (please include photos of new work)
- Number of other applicants applying in your medium
We will try to accommodate everyone, but want to add new artists and new work. This keeps the Festival fresh and ever changing, thus encouraging customers to return year after year thereby helping the sales of all artists.