Registration for this year’s scarecrow contest is now open! When you enter the contest, your scarecrow will be given an ID tag, a web page and a post on Creative Arts Group’s Facebook page. Your scarecrow will be judged by a panel of scarecrow enthusiasts from Creative Arts Group and will be entered into the People’s Choice contest as well. The People’s Choice Award is given to the scarecrow who has the most Facebook ‘Likes” and paper ballot votes. An awards ceremony will be held on Friday, October 20th honoring the creativity of our participants.
We encourage our contestants to also write a backstory to bring the scarecrows to life even more. The story is placed on your scarecrow’s web page and included in the Facebook post. When registering, if you choose to include a backstory, we ask that you include your final, edited version of your story in the form below.
Instructions and Important Dates for Scarecrow Contestants:
- September 23rd – Deadline for entering the contest. Fill in the form below (scroll down) or pick up a paper application and return to Creative Arts Group by 1pm on Sept. 23rd.
- September 25th – All Scarecrows must be in place (photographer will take pictures the week of September 25th.)
- September 16th – September 25th – Pick up your ID tag at Creative Arts Group during office hours, M-F: 10-5pm, Sat. 10-2pm.
- October 1st – All ID tags should be placed on your scarecrow. People can use your ID tag to vote for the People’s Choice Award by scanning the QR Code on the ID Tag and clicking the Facebook “Like” button.
- October 2nd – Online map and printed Map/Ballots will be available.
- October 2nd- October 19th at noon – Voting and Judging takes place.
- October 7th – Free shuttle tour of approximately 30 residential scarecrows. Not all participating scarecrows will be visited on the tour. This is due to the location of the scarecrow, duration of the tour and the buses ability to navigate safely and easily.
- October 20th – Awards Ceremony, 7:00pm, at Creative Arts Group.
Please call 355-8350 or email email@example.com with any questions.